Tuesday 3 October 2017

My "No Line Colouring" Adventure

Angelica Angel by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps
So this past Saturday I had the pleasure to attend a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps event in Cambridge Ontario Canada. I had so much fun hanging out with my crafty friends, learning new techniques and going outside my comfort zone. One of the things that had me super pumped about this event was that Melanie Holtz was teaching one of the classes. If you haven't heard of her, you seriously need to look her up...her colouring is absolutely outstanding and no one can do no line colouring like this girl can!

Kraftin' Kimmie design team
member Melanie Holtz instructing
us on no line colouring

Melanie demonstrated no line
colouring on a projector so we
could colour along with her

can you spot me?!

If you have never heard of no line colour before, you basically stamp your image in a very light ink. In this case, the image was stamped with Memento Dessert Sand ink. Once the image is stamped you use your dark and light colours to make the lines disappear. I have included a number of photos of the entire process of me colouring this image. I think it is super fascinating...but I am a marker nerd 

skin and eyes coloured in
hair and crown coloured

gown coloured

completed image...I am so proud of it for my first attempt
Once the image was completed, I decided I was too nervous to try and fussy cut her out after all the time I spent colouring her. So I created a heaven cloud background using Copic markers. I kept my card layout very simple as I wanted the focus to be on my coloured image. 



I hope you like my card as much as I do. If you are wondering about the image, it isn't available yet...Kim said it is coming out in the next 2 weeks -sneak peek for you :)


Until next time - Stephen 


  





1 comment:

  1. Wow! How nice post is. I want to read another post abut adventure products. Have you another blog post like https://nomvdist.com/, let me know.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete