Friday 14 July 2017

Altenew - Hug Me stamp set

Happy Friday everyone! I am popping in today to share a card I made last week, Live on my Stampin' Steve Facebook page. If you are not a follower of my page, I do Live Streams every so often and create a card start to finish...unplanned, unscripted but totally fun.
I decided to play around with the, "Hug Me" stamp set from Altnew. I love the beautiful and unique designs of Altenew's stamps and when I saw the "Hug Me set", it was just so unique and playful, I just had to get it. 

The set has so many wonderful images in it but the one that I wanted to colour up first was the Fox that had "Hug Me" written behind him.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Hammermill 100lb cardstock. I did some very simply colouring with my Copic markers using the following colours:

YR18, YR16, YR15, Y15
BB28 ,B26, B26

Once my colouring was finished, I used the coordinating dies to cut the image out. I love how the die cuts around the letters and the image...so unique. 

I created a simple background starting with a A2 sized piece of Tim Holtz watercolour paper. I used the Radiating Rays stencil from MFT and blended my Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Indian Gold and Pure Platinum overtop of the stencil. 


Once my background was dry, I added a black matting to frame and ground the background piece. I also added some foam tape to the back of my cute fox for some added dimension and adhered him to my card front. For some added sparkle and shine, I added some clear Wink Of Stella glitter pen to the words, "hug me". For a finishing touch, I heat embossed one of the smaller sentiments with white embossing powder onto a thin black banner piece.


I have included the video of the live stream if you would like to watch the process...but unfortunately the video cuts off at the end as my computer battery died...oops

Until next time - Stephen


4 comments: