Monday 17 July 2017

Kraftin' Kimmie - Let Them Eat Cupcakes

So I'm just going be upfront with you all and let you know that you're gonna' be seeing lots of cards using Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps in the future. I have recently become obsessed with their unique designs and man, oh man, are they challenging yet, oh so fun to colour.

For todays card, I am using stamps from the "Let Them Eat Cupcakes set"



As always I stamped my images on Hammermill 100lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with my much loved Copic Markers using the following colours.

Skin - E04, E11, E21, E00, E50, E93
Hair/Muffins - E59, E57, E55, E53
Pants/Headband - RV29, RV25, RV23, RV21
Shirt- Y17, Y15, Y11, Y13, Y11
Apron - YG09, YG07, YG06, YG05, YG01


I kept the layout of my card pretty simple as I wanted the focus to be on my image that I had so much fun (and time spent) colouring. I used the scallop die and fishtail banner die from the Blueprints 27 set from MFT to create the majority of my card layout. I added some striped patterned paper for some added interest and as well I used a stitched circle die to help ground my image. I coloured 4 strips of white Hammermill paper in Green, Yellow and Pink Copic markers and glued them overtop of the patterned paper to tie in all the colours. 

I am pretty pleased with the results of this card, as it is a different card style then I'm accustomed too. I ended up loving this stamp set so much that I actually made a second card with it; I'll be sharing that fun card with you Wednesday. 

Until next time - Stephen



No comments:

Post a Comment