Tuesday 4 May 2021

Love You More Each Day

Hi Friends!
I have a special card to share with you today...it's an anniversary card I created for my other half. Today my partner Kevin and myself are celebrating 12 years together. I am blessed to have found my person at such a young age and I am forever grateful to have him in my life. He truly is a lovely and amazingly supportive partner.
I really wanted to make Kevin a special card and I searched my stamp collection for the perfect set to use for this project. The last number of month Kev has become obsessed with house plants and when I discovered the Cups and Succulents stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, I immediately knew this was the one. Unfortunately a lot of the products I used for this card are retired at the time of this post but maybe you will still find inspiration in my project. What is available I will link down below. 


I used the Giving It All Meaning background stamp from Unity Stamp Company to stamp some text onto kraft card stock using a brown ink. I feel like this helps anchor and give a strong foundation for my card focal point. I wanted my card to have an aged or antiqued appearance so I did some ink blending using Brushed Corduroy and Ground Espresso Distress Inks.  I also added some ink splatter and I just love the effect it gives.



I coloured the succulent image with Prismacolor coloured pencils and then cut it out using the coordinating die set. I popped the image up with foam tape and layered it onto stitched kraft and dark brown rectangular die cuts 
For my sentiment, I used a retired die set from My Favorite Things called "Happy Greetings" for the word "LOVE". Next, I pulled a sentiment from the Hey Love stamp set from Simon Says Stamp and stamped it onto a narrow piece of grey card stock.

Supplies Used:

Always follow your creative heart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment