Friday 9 April 2021

My Favorite Things April Release Countdown - Day 4

Hello Friends,

Who’s excited for another day of previews?!? It also means we are one day closer to the April release by My Favorite Things! Only three more days of previews to go until the new release goes live! Eeeek!! Im excited...can't you tell?! 


Today I stepped outside of my comfort zone...I pulled out and dusted off my coloured pencils...I must admit that I don’t remember the last time I used them. As you probably noticed, I tend to always go to my much loved and trusty Copic markers. To colour in the lovely new Hugs Make Everything Better stamp set, I did some quick and simple colouring using my coloured pencils and blended it out using Gamsol. I even added a bit of glitter for some added sparkle ;)
For my card layout, I used the new Abstract Triangle Background stamp using Lazy Day premium dye ink on Lazy Day Prestige card stock for a tone on tone look. 
The sentiment was stamped onto the Elegant Folded Banner Die-namics and popped up with some foam tape. 
To add some more visual interest to my card layout, I die cut some Eiffel Tower card stock using the new Drop-In Sentiment Strip Die-namics. 

 
Always follow your creative heart

5 comments:

  1. Great card! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that new abstract background... and who wouldn't love a hug! Really great coloring... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you tried pencils as a little something different. Your coloring is divine. I prefer lighter colors, but your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen, I love this card in blues. Well, this is fabulous colored with your pencils! Love that abstract background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ink blending! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete