Monday 25 June 2018

Creating a card with limited Colour Pallet

Hi Friends! 
I am popping by to share another card creation using Stamp AnnieThing stamps. If you haven't noticed, I have been really into clean and simple cards lately. I really love the aesthetic of a card with lots of white space and a limited colour pallet...I think its not only pleasing to the eye but also lets the image really pop. 


This card was really fast and fun to put together and is also the perfect card to send off to a friend if you want to send a quick note. 

I wanted to keep the colour pallet small, so I only used Oranges, Yellows, and Reds. For an extra pop of colour and to help bring your attention to the stamped image, I added a nice rich blue colour. 

The background was created by doing simple ink blending using Distress Oxides in the colours of - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Barn Door. I then splatted some water on it to get the water droplet effect. I cut the bottom on a diagonal for some visual interest and then matted it on the same white cardstock as my card base.

For the image, I coloured up the super cute Lorraine - Sunshine using the following Copic markers

Copics:
Skin - E04, E11, E21, E00, E50, R20
Hair - T9, T6, T3
Swimsuit - B24, B26, B29
Floatie - Y15, Y17, YR16, YR18

I hope you liked my card creation for today!
Until next time - Stephen 

No comments:

Post a Comment