Thursday 8 April 2021

My Favorite Things April Release Countdown - Day 5

Hello Friends!

It’s my favourite time of the month...time to kick off the My FavoriteThings release countdown!! I've been busy creating up a storm this past week and I am so excited to share my creations featuring all the amazing April goodies. The release will officially be available on Tuesday April 13th at 10:00 am EDT




The moment I laid eyes on the Sittin' Pretty Stamp set, I knew it was going to be used for the first project I created using the April goodies. In Ontario, Canada where I live, we are heading into our 3rd lockdown...I miss spending time with my friends and family and  this set really spoke to me and struck a chord.  
I kept my card layout simple, creating a base using pattern paper from the new Poppin' Polkadots Paper Pad. Next I stamped out the door image onto a die cut stitched rectangle piece of card stock. I decided I wanted to try and freehand some bricks with my Copic markers to help set the scene for my card and  I am so happy with how the bricks turned out for my first attempt. I coloured up the sweet image of the girl sitting, the tulips, and finally the birdie and then die cut them out using the coordinating Die-namics and popped them up on my card using foam tape.
To finish off my card, I stamped out the sentiment using Poppin' Pink Premium Dye ink onto some Princess Pink Prestige card stock and placed it onto my card with some more foam tape.

See you tomorrow as we continue with the April MFT release countdown :)

Always follow your creative heart

13 comments:

  1. Your textured wall looks so real in the background. Wowzer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite stamp set in the new release, and you nailed it in this adorable card. The brick background really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp is just adorable and you did a fabulous job. Love how you did the bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the coloring and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic coloring! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love the "brick" background - so realistic! And the little girl is so adorable....love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the "brick" background - so realistic! And the little girl is so adorable....love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the "brick" background - so realistic! And the little girl is so adorable....love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, the layout and coloring are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card. Oh my, your freehand bricks are awesome! I know how hard it us for all of us not to be socializing. Yep, this card represents a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card on the teal polka dots. It really makes the yellow door pop! Love the textured look of your bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love the texture you have i your background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulously colored card! I love the mottled look you created on the brick background!

    ReplyDelete