Sunday 18 April 2021

Heart Burst Hello card kit


Hello Friends!
Today we are kicking off the release of the Heart Burst Hello card kit from My Favorite Things.

The April kit has so much to offer... a great sentiment stamp set with a beautiful prism heart shape that also has coordinating Die-namics, there is also the most beautiful cursive word stamps and matching Die-namics that you will find yourself reaching for time and time again.


I wanted to challenge myself with this project to use colours I don't often find myself using, so I chose a colour palette of green, grey and red, which allowed the blacks and white to really pop off my card.

I pulled out my Distress Oxides and Distress Inks and played around with ink smooshing... I always have so much fun getting inky. I used a combination of Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness and Mowed Lawn for the hearts shape, and for the background I used Hickory Smoke and Black Soot. I love the added texture ink smooshing gives to my projects.


I cut the word "Hey" out multiple times using white card stock and glued them together for added dimension and then heat embossed the sentiment "Love you more" onto Black Licorice card stock using white embossing powder.

There was a small heart shape left over from the "Hey" word Die-namics and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I coloured it quickly with a red Copic marker and placed it onto my sentiment strip.  To make the red a bit more cohesive on my project, I decided to use the same red Copic marker to colour strips of white cards stock to match the tiny heart and placed them on either side of my sentiment. 

To finish off my card, I matted my card front onto some Prickly Pear card stock and placed a few iridescent sequins for that added sparkle.

The Heart Burst Hello card kit will be available Tuesday, April 20 at 10AM EDT

Always follow your creative heart

Always follow your creative heart

8 comments:

  1. Unexpectedly beautiful. I was in rainbow mode and you pleasantly surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and I love the colors you chose. Smooshing is always a good thing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! My motto is "when in doubt, smoosh!" lol

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Beautiful design and colors.

    ReplyDelete