Tuesday 10 May 2022

MFT & Friends - Mixed media card using Perfect Poppies

Hi Friends!
Welcome to May 2022 Release celebration from My Favorite Things.
All the goodies you see today as well as the previous 5 days are now available for purchase in the My Favorite Things online shop

I’m sure by now your list of “must haves” from this release keeps growing and growing...I know for myself, it sure was a challenge to decide which goodies I wanted to play with first. There was a die set in particular I really wanted to use and never got around to trying out…the “Perfect Poppies” Die-namics. It’s such a gorgeous die set and I am so thrilled with the card projects I created using it. 
I started by going crazy with my Distress Spray Stains and Oxide Sprays creating a background using reds, oranges, and yellows. I then die cut the background using the “Perfect Poppies” Die-namics. Next I did some ink blending using a black ink the darken up the edges a bit so the colours would become a bit more muted.


I then created another background to place my newly created poppies on. I used the “Lots of Hearts” stencil with translucent crackle paste and then sprayed greens, oranges and yellows overtop. Once it was dried, I added some foundry wax overtop of the textured elements to give the card a but more interest and help emphasize the crackle hearts.

To finish off my card, I matted my card front onto some kraft cardstock and heat embossed a sentiment from the “Everyday Scripted Greetings” stamp set using white embossing powder.

Products Used:

For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel

Always follow your creative heart

No comments:

Post a Comment