Monday 7 June 2021

Beach Bear

Hi Friends!
Welcome back for Day 1 of the My Favorite Things June Release Countdown.
Today I have a clean and simple card to share with you that will be sure to make a splash.
I adore the new Beach Bear stamp set, the images are just so sweet and there are such great sentiments included. While I was reading through the sentiments, I knew I had to create my project around the “I hope your day is flipping awesome” sentiment.
I stamped and coloured the image of the bear holding a flipper using Copic markers and cut it out using the coordinating Die-namics.
The background was fun and quick to create. I used some blue Distress Ink mixed with water and added it to some media card stock using a paintbrush. Next I used a Distress blower (sadly this tool is no longer made but if you have a paper straw you can achieve the same look as this) and did a few puffs to create the water splatter effect. I created a really fun rainbow background using this technique a few weeks back, if you want yo check that out I will link it HERE
To finish off my card, I cut a small strip of red striped pattern paper from the 6x6 Stripe Splash paper pad.
I love how this card turned out and hope you enjoyed it as much as I did making it.

Always follow your creative heart

3 comments:

  1. I love your background. I'm sure that if I try it, mine will not look like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I’m sure yours will look amazing

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS ..... so cute ... love the flippers ...

    ReplyDelete