Wednesday 21 April 2021

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #538

 Hi Friends!

I’ve got another card to share with you today that’s a little different than what I normally make. I created it for My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

I started by stamping the Spring Wreath set onto MFT’s Kraft Prestige Card Stock then die cut it out with the coordinating Die-namics. I dusted off my Prismacolor coloured pencils and did some simple and quick colouring...I just love how coloured pencils pop on kraft card stock. I think I want to try something similar using black card stock and white heat embossed stamped lines next. 
To create the patterned background, I pulled elements from the Spring Songbird stamp set and stamped them on the kraft card using Prickly Pear Premium Dye Ink and then matted it onto some Prickly Pear Prestige Card stock.
To finish off my card, I stamped the sentiment in the center of the wreath using a black ink and then used my bone folder to score some line along the top and bottom of my card front. 
My finished card measure 5.5” x 5.5” 
I love to hear from you, leave a comment below :)

Always follow your creative heart

2 comments:

  1. How did you get the crinkled horizontal effect on the draft paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn! Thanks for taking the time to stop by, I used a bone folder and a scoring board to add score line to the kraft paper.

      Delete